Question:
How to convince my parents for me to get a new phone?
lilly
2015-08-04 02:10:35 UTC
I've owned this crappy phone for a bit over a year now and it's a pretty tiny phone. I see people at school, people at shops, people everywhere with huge as phones and there's me with this tiny piece of brick. I've saved up to around $400 which is plenty for this phone that I've been wanting for a while. I've taken good care of my current phone and want to show I'm responsible but my parents are still not convinced I should get a new phone. I would be willing to pay using my money (which shows that I'm trying to be mature/independant with my own money)
I'm 15 btw. So how can I convince my parents to get a new phone. It's a phablet, good camera (according to reviews) and very cheap! Please help.
Three answers:
?
2015-08-04 04:12:21 UTC
You may be able to afford the phone but can you afford to have it connected to a service!

If yes, just go and buy it and tell your parents that it will cost them nothing. Even if you buy a sim card and pay as you go, all expenses are on you.
Jason
2015-08-04 02:16:26 UTC
hehehe

its so funny youre whinging about people having big phones

20 yrs ago ... the flashy people had the small phones while I couldnt fit mine in my trousers

anyway

in your entire rant, you havent spoken of functionality issues with your phone

if you were my daughter, I wouldnt want you buying into "image" as being critical

so

if youre smart

you stop talking about what others have and how you feel "inferior"

instead

start talking about things you cant do with your phone and what specific features the new phone offers that bring real world advantages including reliability and battery life
?
2015-08-04 02:26:21 UTC
I also bought my own phone, show them the phone first and get some advice or see if they can find something for you. Can you send me a link to the device? thanks